Version QTS1.210311.005 (still Android 10) includes the April security spot, which is a jump from December 2020 released two months back. New “Advanced Video Controls” settings– under Display & & sound– offer granular control over HDR and color formats, while resolution/refresh rate is raised from the Advanced menu. On the other hand, there’s now a preference to have HDMI-CEC just turn on/off your tv.
Bug repairs consist of HDMI hotplug enhancements that help the Chromecast with Google TV spot the finest display settings offered. For the huge majority of owners that don’t use an Ethernet adapter, there are Wi-Fi improvements for 5GHz and Mesh networks. Last but not least, Google states there need to be less Bluetooth Audio stammering in “some” apps for those that combine earphones.
This April upgrade follows the last release in February that improved 4K support and Dolby Audio for Atmos and Digital Plus passthrough content, while also reducing the probability that users experience the Android healing screen.
To download, click your profile avatar in the top-right corner > > Settings > > System > > About > System upgrade. There’s also an accompanying Voice Remote update (24.5 -> > 24.7). The complete list of changes in the 166MB April Chromecast with Google TV upgrade is listed below:
- Advanced Video Controls setting for granular HDR formats, resolution/refresh rate, and color formats
- HDMI hotplug improvements assisting your Chromecast spot the finest TELEVISION Settings offered
- Wi-Fi Improvements for 5Ghz and Mesh networks
- Bluetooth Audio stuttering enhancements in some Apps
- HDMI-CEC can now be set up to turn on/off only the TV in settings
- Security upgrade: Android security spot level to April 2021
More on Chromecast with Google TV:
FTC: We utilize income earning auto affiliate links. More.